Sunday, June 14, 2009

I deleted a post

I just deleted a post as wellwisher's thought it looked pretty elsewhere. So, since I took one away, here is another instead, this one is from Alanis Morrisette.  The jump here is one that has evolved across the months and years as this particular post started picking up visits and time.  So, here goes...

Ok.  Jump.  He he he!

Winners never really gloat, because if one of us loses, we all lose.  Those who lose in a battle always want to go back and win another battle, while those who win a battle want to go back and win another one.  This is from a fourth grader on a TED talk. Google it yourself.

For foodies, the best kebab recipe ever, click here.

For Christians and non-Christians of all shades, if Lent is just over for you, read about my Lent 2011 here.  The post doesn't refer to the developments in Indian current affairs and civil society across the first few months of 2011, since google will suffice.  However, it does record my March madness, and April cruelties.  And if you want to see what came out of it, you will want to visit the writers' pages at Trillium Gallery.  So do read up the Easter leavening, and the poems, and sure leave your comments behind.

Stop jumping.

Here is the substitute post, lyrics from a lover...

Like anyone would be
I am flattered by your fascination with me
Like any hot-blooded woman
I have simply wanted an object to crave
But you, you're not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight

Must be strangely exciting
To watch the stoic squirm
Must be somewhat heartening
To watch shepherd need shepherd
But you you're not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight

Like any uncharted territory
I must seem greatly intriguing
You speak of my love like
You have experienced love like mine before
But this is not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight

I don't think you unworthy
I need a moment to deliberate



Alanis' body of work is one of the most amazing among singer-songwriters across ages and cultures. I am sure you will cherish your discoveries like I do mine.

Once you are sure you want to look at what looked good elsewhere, click here.  This is what got taken off.

*************

If you liked this, you may also like my posts on the life and/or work of
Jimi Hendrix
Janis Joplin
John Lennon
Bob Dylan
Paul McCartney
Melody Gardot
Joan Baez 
Do leave your comments and suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. I have no clue why this particular post is picking up such large volumes of hits, but one thought that crossed my mind was that if I were to see a post like this, I would be curious as to what was deleted.

    Apologies if what I deleted is a let down, but I did stick a link to it at the end of the post, and I will be more explicit and add the link here too.

    here it is

    http://subhorup.blogspot.com/2009/06/five-important-rules-at-least-for-men.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...