Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Baby Brother (Letters to Parth - 16)

My dear Parth, my Sunshine!

You must have wondered how come there wasn’t a post for your birthday. Well, Madhavi and I had been putting the final touches to the nicest gift we could ever give you. It is a baby brother, someone to love and hold and look out for. Yes, you are now Dada to a little brother who is still mewling and struggling with nutrition and growth. His name is Devank and we call him Kuttush now because he is very small. In a few years time or sooner, you will be able to play with him and show him how you do your thing. I know you will love him like nobody's business. Hope you had a super, super birthday.

In the process, I also got to see how grandparents and grandchildren bond. Your Dadu and Thammi, my Bapi and Mom are here to live with us and have been on their own as we were in the hospital for nearly a week. During this time, they only saw pics of your brother - kind of like how they see your pics and miss you. Here is one from the first time they held your brother. (They tried but couldn’t get through when they called on your birthday. They cry whenever we speak about you.) I do so wish you were able to spend more time with them.


We have so much to catch up on, some of which you will find on my other blog, and so much more that will turn into remote memories of even more remote memories. You are now a big kid and surely rule your roost well. For me, it is an enjoyable struggle to create order out of time and needs. I so look forward to when all of us will be together.


I must sign off, though I have a hundred other things to say. Here are some more pics of Dev. Waiting for the day you will hold him.

Bye for now,

Subho









4 comments:

  1. Love the pics and the letter, Subho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pic of you holding Kuttush, Subho. Someday I hope I see a pic when yu are holding both your children. Happy birthday, Parth! I read this blog and keep thinking of you. Hope you and I get to meet someday and I can tell you how much your folks miss you. Love, your aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Subho,
    Kuttush looks like a fighter..
    More like a handsome fighter :)
    Take care,
    Gurdev

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful blog! Admirably brave, touching and heartfelt.
    Congratulations and welcome to the new babe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...